Click here to login to the cashless payment system.
In February 2016 Strode’s College began moving towards a cashless payments system. The first stage of this has been rolled out with the College canteen, known as Ed's Café.
Why Cashless Catering
- No more looking for change every morning, funds are loaded directly onto each student’s ID card.
- Top-up is quick and easy online using a debit or credit card.
- Students registered for Free College Meals will get their allocation automatically credited to their card each day.
- Purchase history can be seen online.
- Set up regular top-ups and alerts for low balances.
What is iPayimpact?
iPayimpact.co.uk, the new cashless system, is a simple, easy to use website offering parents and students a convenient and flexible way to make payments online by debit or credit card. The site can be accessed from any location with an internet connection and offers payment for individual educational expenses such as trips or for regular payments such as monthly top-up for the Café.
What happens next?
Ed's Café became cashless on the 8 February 2016 however for a short period of time whilst students and parents complete the registration process, the Café is still accepting cash whilst also taking cashless payments. The Café will become completely cashless after Easter 2016.
The cashless systems will be moving into other areas of College life throughout 2016, including trips and visits, equipment and NUS cards. We will inform students and parents of these dates as soon as they become available.
Once you have received your registration information in the post / email, you will be able to set up your accounts by following the instructions below. Your letter / email will contain a unique reference that will link your student to your chosen payment method.
- Go to http://www.ipayimpact.co.uk and click on the register button.
- Enter the unique reference that has been provided in the letter.
- Enter a username (you can create this but it must be memorable as you will need to remember it for future reference).
- Enter a valid email address. You will be asked to check this a second time – your activation email will be sent to this address.
- Create a memorable password. You will be asked to enter this a second time for confirmation.
- You will see a brief maths question to answer (this checks that you are a human and not a computerised robot!)
- Please read the terms and conditions and tick the box to agree.
- Click Register
- An activation email will be sent to the email account that you entered as part of the registration process. To activate your account, click on the link provided in the email. You will then be able to login using the credentials you entered during the registration process.
- You can now login on the ipay website. The first time you log in, you will need to enter billing information associated with your card. This will be saved for future transactions.
How to Add Funds
- Go to the 'Accounts' tab
- Select the name of the student you are looking to top-up
- Click Pay
- Enter the amount you would like to add to your student's account to the 'Amount to Add' box. This will add the value to your basket.
- You can now choose whether to make a one-off payment or whether to make the payment and store the card details for later.
- Click 'Proceed to checkout'. You will now be taken through the payment process.
- After your first payment has been completed, you will be able to set up automatic regular payments (similar to a direct debit).
- Go to the 'Accounts' section
- Select the account that you would like to set a regular payment up on.
- Click the 'Autopay' option.
- You will now be able to select either weekly or monthly payments using your saved card information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q) I do not have a bank account / I do not use online banking, can I still use the cashless system?
A) Yes, we have a cash loading machine in Student Services in the Student Centre. Students can load cash notes (not coins) onto their card here. They can ask any member of Student Services for support if they are unsure of how to do this.
Q) I already use ipayimpact for my child at another institution, can I link them to this account?
A) Yes, please log in as normal and under the 'Accounts' section, you can add an additional student using the unique reference in your letter.
Q) Who can I contact for more help?
A) Please ask your student to come to Student Services, or please contact email@example.com with your query and someone will contact you as soon as possible to offer support.
Q) My student has recently left the College – will they get the money from their card back?
A) Refunds due from cards will be returned at the end of each term via the original payment method. Only values over £5 will be returned due to the administrative cost of processing the refund.
Q) My student receives Free College Meals – how does this work?
A) Free College Meal students will get £3.00 of credit loaded to their account each day. They can use this to purchase breakfast or lunch. We encourage students not to use this money to purchase snacks and we will monitor usage to ensure that positive choices are being made. At the end of each day, any remaining balance from the £3.00 will removed and a new £3.00 balance added the next morning