Strode’s Dance students took centre stage this week to host another fantastic show. The audience witnessed a mixture of Year 1 Subsidiary Diploma, Year 2 Subsidiary Diploma, Year 2 Diploma and Dance Enrichment performances. They showcased professional company repertory as well as their own choreographies. The students' performances will be assessed and will go towards their grades for their BTEC Performing Arts (Dance) qualification.
In addition to showcasing their fantastic work, the Dance students had voted on, and chosen for, proceeds from the show to be donated to the charity, ‘Mind’. Below is a brief summary from the charity, identifying what they do:
* We provide advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. We campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding. We won't give up until everyone experiencing a mental health problem gets support and respect.
* We’re working to make sure nobody has to face a mental health problem alone. People need our support more than ever, and demand for our services is growing. http://www.mind.org.uk/
Check back soon to see how much the students raised for charity!
The standard of the work was exceptionally high and the students involved should be incredibly proud of themselves.
The evening really showed that Strode’s nurtures great dance talent!
We have a huge number of students each year which progress onto University or specialist Colleges to study Dance or Performing Arts further. Here are just a few for this year’s 2nd year students:
* X2 students going to ‘Creative Academy’ (BA Hons Dance)
* X2 students going to Roehampton (BA Hons Dance)
* Kingston University (BA Hons Dance)
* Leeds University (Performing Arts)
* Guildford School of Acting (BA Hons Acting)
If you have any questions about the BTEC Performing Arts (Dance) course we offer at Strode’s, please don’t hesitate to contact Eleanor Turner on firstname.lastname@example.org