On Monday 1 July a group of Travel and Tourism students took part in a Welcome to Excellence Customer Service Training Course. The course focused on customer service training for the tourism industry. The day allowed students to learn many different aspects including:
- Understanding your customers
- Communicating successfully
- Providing information and guidance
- Meeting specific needs including customers with a variety of disabilities
- Dealing with difficult situations
- Boosting business
The training course was a great success and students commented on how they learnt to be “ positive with customers”, and how “real life examples of the industry helped our understanding”.