Strode’s College are celebrating fantastic results following the recent Ofsted inspection, which concluded that Strode’s is ‘GOOD’ with ‘OUTSTANDING’ features.
A team of Ofsted inspectors spent a week at Strode’s just before Christmas 2016, where they observed many lessons, spoke to numerous students and staff to get a clear overview of the breadth, depth, and quality of what Strode’s has to offer.
College Principal, Rowan Cookson, said “I am tremendously proud and pleased with the outcomes from this inspection which confirms that Strode’s College is a Good college with Outstanding features. The inspection highlights the hardworking and dedicated specialist sixth form staff we have here and that our students benefit from the excellent teaching, learning, and support which helps their transition from college to their given career or higher education.”
In their final report, they assessed Strode’s College to be GOOD with OUSTANDING in:
- Leaders, managers, and governors have pursued improvement with energy and have communicated this very successfully to staff
- Staff across the college are bold and ambitious
- Since the previous inspection students’ outcomes have improved
- Students receive outstanding support
- Students behave well, respect each other and develop good team-working and communication skills
- Learners who complete their studies progress to positive destinations
- In GCSE maths, achievement of A* - C grades is outstanding
To view the full report click here