Strode’s College is celebrating their fantastic recent Ofsted result which concluded that Strode’s is ‘GOOD’ with ‘OUTSTANDING’ features.
The inspection, which took place in December 2016 involved all members of the college community. Inspectors observed many lessons and spoke to staff, students and their parents to get a clear overview of the breadth, depth and quality of provision at Strode’s.
Principal, Rowan Cookson, said “I am tremendously proud of the outcome of this inspection which confirms that Strode’s College is a good college with many outstanding features. The inspection highlights our hardworking and dedicated sixth form staff and recognises that our students benefit from the excellent teaching, learning, and support, helping them make a successful transition from college to their chosen career or higher education establishment.”
In their final report, the inspectors assessed Strode’s College to be GOOD in every respect:
- Leaders, managers, and governors have pursued improvement with energy and have communicated this very successfully to staff.
- Staff across the college are enthusiastic and apply the improvement strategies effectively to their work.
- Since the previous inspection students’ outcomes have improved and are now good in almost all areas.
- In GCSE maths, achievement of A* - C grades is outstanding.
- The proportion of high grades has risen across the curriculum and the quality of teaching and learning has improved and is now good.
- Students behave well, respect each other and develop good team-working and communication skills.
- Learners who complete their studies progress to positive destinations.
- Students receive outstanding support to contribute to, debate about, and influence college life.
To view the full report click here